Wednesday, June 21, 2006
P.U.S.H.
Pray

Until

Something

Happens



Why should a Christian pray if God already knows what we are going to say?

Here's a story:

-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-


Once upon a time there was this man who lived in a cabin in the woods. Next to his home was a big boulder. One day the Lord came to the man and said to him "I want you to push this rock everyday". The man loved God very much and his desire was to obey him.

So everyday the man went outside and leaned his shoulder against the boulder and pushed against it. Although he did it everyday the boulder didnt move even a centimeter.

One day Satan came to the man and said to him "Man, why do you push this rock every single day...it isnt even moving. Arent you wasting time and energy doing this?"

This instilled in the man's heart doubt and he began to question God. God came to him and the man asked him why he needed to push the rock when it wasnt even doing anything.

God said to him "Did I ever once say to move the rock?"
"No..." the man replied.
"Has pushing the rock made you stronger?" God asked.
"Well, yes it has." said the man.
"That is why I asked you to push the rock, because it has made you stronger, now let me move the rock...that's my job."



Praying brings growth and strength...but it is God who makes things move.


-Kristy
posted by Kristy @ 1:10 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
From simple things to complex things. From a teaching mentality to a learning one. From strength to brokeneness.
About Me

Name: Kristy
Home: Boise, Idaho, United States
About Me: I'm just a seeker. I seek God and each day is full of lessons that he gives. He reveals His grace to me and when I fall he picks me up to my feet. When I can't see I know He'll clear my vision. I am simply seeking God's will and my hope is that this corner of the internet becomes a place where I can share the random things that go through my mind, and hopefully make a few friends. Thanks for stopping by :)
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Hey everyone! Thanks for stopping by. This blog has been dormant for a while, but that is to be changed. I am starting it back up! So check back often!

Other things
dont know what to put here yet :)
Recommended Readings
Links
Powered by

Isnaini Dot Com

BLOGGER